I finished the collage I've been working on for several weeks. Some things worked out like I had envisioned others did not. I had planned to have hanging beads and feathers but I just wasn't happy with the way the hanging beads looked so tried using wire to string the beads and it was a lot more fun and experimental. I do like the way it turned out.
I used a heavy gauge wire for the hanger, and instead of putting eyelets in the top to string the wire thru I doubled up on buttons and left holes to string the wire. It adds an interesting detail. It's all experimental. I don't plan too much, you really can't with collage.
I lay things out and play with the placement till I like how it looks. Then secure and start adding embellishments. There are no real limits with collage I think that is why I like doing it. It's one of the few things about life that has no limits.
I've been using alot of buttons lately, my honey even found a quart bag full at a flea marker for only $5. A good deal. The beads I used were from a tub of mixed beads I found on the bottom shelf at the craft store, cheap. It's amazing what and where you can find treasures to add to your collage.